Department of Research & Development (R&D)
About the R&D Department
The Department of Research & Development (R&D) at the Instituto Superior Miguel Torga is an interdisciplinary structure dedicated to promoting, supporting, and disseminating scientific research in Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Business Sciences, and Information and Communication Technologies. These areas encompass disciplines such as Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, History, Political Science, Law, Communication, Computer Science, Management, Human Resources Management, and related domains within ISMT.The General Regulations of the R&D Department can be consulted here.
Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
Helena Espírito Santo, Ph.D. (Coordinator)
Bruno Cordeiro, Ms. (Collaborator)
The R&D Department is associated with two ISMT journals:
- Interactions, Society and the New Modernities Journal
- Revista Portuguesa de Investigação Comportamental e Social
Individual publications of researchers can be consulted on the following sites:
Research Prize and Financial Support
Annually, the Management Council of ISMT, in conjunction with the R&D Department, establishes an annual prize and financially supports the participation of faculty members in International Congresses and the publication of scientific articles.
- Regarding the prize, the R&D Department accepts applications until the last business day of February and communicates to the Scientific Council in the first meeting of March, where a jury is appointed (evaluation grids in the supplements). Candidates should consult the ISMT Prize Regulations for details on requirements.
- For support, the R&D Department evaluates applications individually, according to the Regulations for Participation/Publication Support.. The opinion of the R&D coordination is sent to the ISMT Directorate, which issues the final verdict. Faculty members apply by downloading the appropriate forms and sending them filled to email@example.com
- Application form for support to participate in scientific events
- Application form for publication support
Supplements (Evaluation Juries)
The research by the faculty members of the two psychology courses falls within the line of Psychosocial Processes and Intervention in at-risk populations.
National and International Projects with ISMT Faculty Members in Teams
Endereço: Rua Augusta, 46, 3000-061 Coimbra, Portugal
Telefones: (+351) 239 483 055 / 239 482 659